Friday, November 6, 2009

Lessons learned...

I will be the first to admit that sometimes when I am at school, frustration gets the best of me. But a sweet little eight year old girl today made me realize two very important things about children.

1. They ask things because they are learning and they don't know any better.

2. They are so observant...it makes you realize how unobservant adults are.

I have been pregnant for a little bit over five months now & I have not had a single person ask me if I was. Now, don't get me wrong...I will be the first to say that until this week I have looked more "Pudgy" in the middle then I do normally instead of preggers. But on our way out to recess today I had a little girl ask me in the most innocent tone "are you having a baby?". When I replied "yes" excitement broke out with all the surrounding girls.

She made me realize that adults won't ask until it's obvious because they don't want to be rude or hurt your feelings if you are in fact not pregnant. This little girl had an aunt that was expecting & connected how I look and how she looks...she is just learning.

It also made me realize how much more observant children are then adults. As adults we get caught up in the business of our lives that we forget to pay attention to anything that does not pertain to that exact moment. It makes me ask myself how much have I missed out on since I have too "busy" to observe the little things. And what have they observed me doing in a moment of frustration or irritation that I didn't even realize they were paying attention to.

Little kids just make me smile sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment