Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Baking!

Every year at Christmas time Eric asks me to bake some "goodies" for his customers that he can take to them as he sees them the two weeks leading up to Christmas. So, scary as it may sound, it is two weeks before Christmas so the baking marathon has begun around here. This year I made four different things. Peanut Butter Balls, Peanut Butter cookies, fudge & chocolate covered pretzels. I put them in cute little containers & send them off every morning with him. I do some quality control along the way to make sure that I am putting out the best possible product of course. I make fudge every year and never seem to have problems with it...until this year. You see, two major factors changed in holiday baking this year...

1. I am working in a much, much smaller space with a cook top & oven I know pretty much nothing about how it cooks...to hot, to cold, does it need to cook longer or shorter etc.


and #2. A little person that require much attention at. all. times.


So, I successfully ruined two batches of fudge today. So I see much more fudge making in my near future!


1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I completely understand the AT.ALL.TIMES....I havent done any baking yet for that reason! :)

    ReplyDelete