Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Abigail Grace...

I know I have not made a formal anouncement on my blog yet but one week ago today Abigail Grace Broberg was born!



I went at 7:30 to the hospital to be induced Monday night. There was apparently a rush of women in labor & we had to wait quite a while and did not get checked in and put in a room unitl midnight. That is when things started going not as planned! I did have a sweet nurse though, that I actually had met before because she was a Chi O at OU. They were suppose to start my induction that night with a pill & then move to Pitocin the next morning. After getting hooked up to all sorts of IV's, gadgets & monitors, the monitors reveled that I was actually contracting every 2-3 minutes. I had no idea. So, the plan was changed and the pill could no longer be used. I was then hooked up to Pitocin then instead of in the morning. After a night of painful not fun contractions my doctor came in early & broke my water. I was having horrible back labor so I opted for an epidural asap! And it was a good thing.



To make a long story short I had gone in to the hospital with high blood pressure that continued the entire time. At some point in time in the morning my contractions were not getting any stronger and Abbie's heart rate was dipping pretty low with each one. After watching the monitors for a while, the decision was made that a C-Section was going to have to be done. As my doctor put it "we can stroll back to the OR right now or we can rush back there later." Basically meaning this was the way Abbie would be coming into the world no matter what. At 11:30 the decision was made and at 12:00 p.m. Abbie was born! By 12:20 I was back in my labor & delivery room. By Thursday afternoon we were discharged & back at home adjusting to a whole new way of life!!



A lot of my pictures are on my camera that is not working with my computer right now! So I will post more pictures eventually once I get that situation worked out!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! She is darling!! Welcome to the world little Abigail Grace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful!!! Congrats!!! I can't wait to see more pics!!!

    ReplyDelete